We are so lucky to have such awesome and supportive clients! Thank you all!
- "Jori and Kelly did my and my bridesmaid's makeup for my wedding. They did a phenomenal job!! We had to get 6 girls done in only two hours and they ended ahead of schedule. The make up looked amazing, even after 10 hours of being outside, dancing, sweating and crying. They also were able to travel to my house the morning of the wedding which made the day so easy. I highly highly recommend them for weddings or any special events. or just for fun!" _ Kristin Sepeta
- "Amazing atmosphere and Jori is an expert and leader in her field! Highly recommend Blush for any beauty need!"_ Jerel H.
- "Need to look your best for an event without spending a fortune? Come here. Need real-talk makeup advice from women just as likely to recommend $3 eyeliner as they are top-of-the-line foundation? You've found your place. Need a pair of earrings to finish your look? Yeah, they have those too. Basically, just visit Blush as soon as possible.
I came to Blush to have my makeup done before a friend's wedding (you know...treat yoself) because it came recommended by a hair stylist friend of mine, and because their makeup application is priced at $30 for 30 minutes ($10 more for eyelash application), which is much lower than other places like Juut or M.A.C. The space itself is really welcoming, with lots of natural light, comfy furniture, and magazines (and complimentary chocolates!) to peruse on the coffee table. Blush is run by two female veterans of Bare Escentuals who ventured out on their own - oh hey, girl power - these ladies know the makeup business well, and it shows.
As a makeup novice (seriously...I do mine in less than 5 minutes, with the same products I've been using since high school), I was preparing myself for a condescending attitude and being pressured to purchase expensive stuff I wouldn't even remember how to use. I was so wrong! There was absolutely no sales pressure; only explanations of which products were being used and why. I was really impressed by the business philosophy - during the application, I asked what kind of eyeliner was being used. The response? "e.l.f. You know, the stuff you can get at Target for $3". Used right alongside Bare Minerals products and other brands that cost significantly more. Their justification? Invest in products that are worth it, like a good foundation and long-wearing lipstick, and save those $$ on things that you're going to have fun and play around with, only to wipe it off and start over again.
I left feeling like I'd gotten my money's worth, and then some. I was made up but not overly so, and I got so many compliments on my look. I plan to return soon for a skin care tutorial and to purchase additional products. And probably some earrings. And maybe some fake eyelashes. This could be a problem." _ Ali D.
- "What a wonderful day my friends and I had at Blush! We did the two-hour party, which entailed a bottle of bubbly, candy, face masks and make-up application. It was like a slumber party, but during the day and with booze. Fantastic! We had the place to ourselves and really enjoyed talking to Jori and Kelly, browsing their products, and getting dolled up. Everyone was really happy with their look, but the experience was really the best part.
They have some great products for sale too. I bought some jewelry and a headband, but Jori also made me a custom body scrub that I am in love with. My friends walked away with some great skin care products and make-up at a very reasonable price.
If you are just looking for a professional make-up application, this place would be great. If you are looking for a really fun way to hang with your girlfriends and get some make-up tips, this place is awesome!!" _ Carolyn B.
- "These two ladies are rock star artists!!! For an unbelievable make up experience- they carry some of the best brands in the industry and their wealth of knowledge is spectacular. If you want to look fab for that evening out on the town- look no further than Blush Beauty Room. You will be sooooooooooo happy you did" _ Karen S.
- "I was looking for an affordable place to get my makeup done as I was traveling home for a special occasion. I read about Blush Beauty Room online and after seeing their prices I was sold, plus the location is very convenient. They were very accommodating in working around my schedule as i was traveling home and had limited time. Jori did an excellent job with my makeup, I even went to see her again last month when I was home for a wedding. This place is great and I wish we had more places like this in NYC (believe it or not we dont and not for this great of a price). Jori takes her time and makes sure everything is to your liking. Also a nice bonus, they sell jewelry and saved me a trip trying to find a pair of earrings last minute. Will keep coming here overtime I'm in MN!"_ Paula M.